I visited the Malinow & Silverman Mortuary in Westchester, California and obtained a Memorial Prayers booklet. One of the prayers reads:
- Do not stand by my grave and weep,
- I am not there, I do not sleep,
- I am a thousand winds that blow,
- I am the diamond glints on snow,
- I am the sunlight on ripened grain
- I am the gentle autumn rain.
- When you awake in the morning’s hush
- I am the swift uplifting rush
- Of quiet birds in circling flight
- I am the soft-star that shines at night.
- Do not stand by my grave and cry,
- I am not there, I did not die.
- Author Unknown
At 9:36am on 9/22/2008 when I was reading this prayer, Angels thought of Tupac. To see another visit of Tupac’s see: https://ablackamericanexperience.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/i-guess-tupac-asked-god-to-help/