The Santa Monica Public Library, less than 3 years old; it looks and feels state-of-the-art. An enclosed outside patio and deli, a MLK Jr. Auditorium for events, with your free library card:
- New flat-screen computers & headphones with internet and software applications use.
- New flat-screen computers & headphones for card catalogs and database searches.
- Teen lounge, with age appropriate books, and computers
- Kids activity area, with age appropriate books, movie times, and events.
Located on 6th and Santa Monica Blvd. it is a great family outting, that is less expensive than most.
The first floor includes:
- Book Store
- Children’s Activity Center
- Children’s/Family Restrooms
- Children’s Library
- Copy Machine
- Large Print
- New books
- Science Fiction
- Teen Lounge
- Youth Study Room
- Second floor: Administration
- Computer Commons
- Computer Training Room
- Community Room
- Quiet Study Room
- Reference Books
- Santa Monica Collection
- Study Rooms
- World Languages
The study rooms and conferences must be checked with your free library card.
The book displays are eye-catching and some of the events this summer include:
- The Incredibly Strange Film Festival- Thursday Evenings 7/10-8/7
- In the MLK Jr. Auditorium, Monday 8/4 7:00pm “An Evening With Don Felder of the Eagles”
- Summer Family Film Fest Every Wendesday Afternoon June-August 3:00pm
Go and see the New Santa Monica Public Library on 6th and Santa Monica Blvd. It is an enjoyable experience.